Saturday, February 11, 2023

Saturday Stuff


Brian Tyler Cohen discusses Willard Mitt Romney speaking his mind on “George Santos”...I get it that The Mittster is from a more patrician, non-Trumpist wing of Not Your Father’s Republican Party where the corruption is treated more discretely without the ridiculous degree of self-promotion personified by Our Ochre Abomination, but Romney does make a bit of a good point here, I have to admit...



...and as a follow-up, David Pakman tells us that Dem U.S. House Rep Robert Garcia has introduced a resolution to expel Santos...interesting for Garcia to pursue this because, as he says, he’s similar to Santos in a lot of ways, without the lying of course...



Update: If there was ever a time when I wondered if "Santos" may actually be telling the truth, this would be it (not so much here, though).

...and I know I’ve already covered the whole thing with Biden pinning down the “loyal opposition” during the State of the Union on the GOP efforts to destroy Social Security and Medicare through various means, despite the howls of outrage (and again, I DEFY anybody to provide a similar example of the Dems acting like this under Dubya or Trump, though they easily could have), but I’m including this clip from Chris Hayes because he commendably “brings the receipts” versus Mike Lee, Lex Luthor Scott and RoJo The Clown...



Update 1 2/12/23: And in case anyone thinks the "party of Lincoln" is actually serious about deciding to leave Social Security and Medicare alone, I give you this.

...and Thom Hartmann says, yeah, not much to see here – just some actual Nazis in Ohio trying to home-school kids (article he cites is here – I know I said something about teachers walking away from the classroom for various reasons on Thursday, and you can add lunacy like this to the awful mix)...



Update 2 2/12/23: And speaking of school, kudos to the Alabama high school kids noted here.

...and this may not be the trendiest subject out there at the moment, but I don’t care; I thought this was a nice little video of the Star Ballroom dancers pledging to keep dancing even after the horrific attack that killed 11 people...good for them (more here)...



...and I now give you my final “green” tune – I think we’re about done with the ballyhoo concerning Super Bowl LVII and I’m sure both sides are nearly finished with their preparation...as the Bard once said, “the readiness is all” – with that in mind, GO BIRDS!!!

No comments: