Friday, November 25, 2022

Friday Stuff


I know I’m repeating this for about the zillionth time, but I wish to God the Democrats would actually run ads like this; fortunately, The Lincoln Project did against “Erections Have Consequences” Herschel Walker; to help his opponent in the GA U.S. Senate runoff, incumbent Dem Raphael Warnock, click here (maybe next time, Walker should be surrounded by three Republicans?...and why is this not surprising from Walker?)...



Update 11/27/22: Exactly what Walker deserves (here).

...and Farron Cousins tells us that the incoming Republican U.S. House majority might be a memory in 2 years given what they’re focusing on (God, I hope so!), which apparently is trying to impeach Biden, I guess because they weren’t invited to his granddaughter’s wedding or something (and with all due respect to Cousins, I think it will be pretty damn pathetic to watch this play out and won’t actually be hilarious...and I'd like to learn more about that 6 percent myself)...



...and Mike Figueredo of The Humanist Report tells us that the father of the alleged Club Q mass murderer doesn’t give a damn about those killed or wounded in the attack, but only that his son “doesn’t do gay”...one of these days, whatever come after us will find out about stuff like this and have a good laugh over how stoo-pid we were as a nation on this issue in particular (NSFW/H)...



...and to me, what was noted in the prior video plays right into what is discussed in this one, and that is allegations of “grooming” by teachers, which is just a part of what has led to the crisis of teacher shortages in this country (Ron #DeathSantis and Sen. Mr. Elaine Chao should be forced to run a class in a school district in their respective states and try to do for these kids what the teachers do who they so readily demonize...keep waiting for someone to have to pay some kind of a price for their awful rhetoric, when in reality the teachers and their kids are the ones who suffer - and unfortunately, this fits the ridiculous profile too)...



...and this More Perfect union clip tells us about a potential rail strike, and I have to admit that it‘s hard for me to get my head around the fact that a $20 billion industry is apparently too cheap to give its employees paid sick days...



...and this TYT clip tells us that an after-school “Satan club” trolling wingnuts in California is getting fundie nut jobs all in a lather (and personally, I’m not willing to blow off the religious concerns, though, as Ana says, the floodgates have indeed been opened by this wretched SCOTUS, but on the other hand, I don’t believe that I have a right to try and inflict my beliefs on anyone...with Cenk also)...



...and this recent Second Thought video makes a pretty convincing case against intellectual property (I always learn something in these videos, and this time around, I found out about TRIPS and IP rights for the first time FWIW – “Capitalism requires scarcity to function, and in the absence of material scarcity, intellectual property allows capitalists to maintain it artificially to our collective detriment.” – uh, yep)...



...and dear God, it really is that time of year again, isn't it?

No comments: