Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Tuesday Stuff (updates)


(Pic comes from this, by the way.)

Farron Cousins tells us that that disgusting Republican harpy in the U.S. House from Colorado recently wished for President Biden’s days to “be few”; I give Cousins credit for reporting on this pretty objectively, but I’m not willing to cut Lauren Boebert an inch of slack on this one...I’m more inclined to think she was talking about this (as noted here)...

And of course, it’s absolutely laughable for Boebert to fancy herself as anyone who has any right whatsoever to talk about spiritual matters (especially in light of this).

Anyway, here is the Cousins clip...



Update: I have to admit that I'm not surprised by this. However, I am repulsed by it.

Update 1 6/15/22: Yeah, I probably should have realized that that story was fake (here), but given what Boebert routinely says about our side, I'm not going to sweat it too much.

Update 2 6/15/22: And a lot of my ambivalence has to do with nonsense exactly like this.

...and speaking of treasonous U.S. House Republicans, this clip from TYT Investigates tells us about Andy Biggs from Arizona, who, in an effort to deflect from asking for a pardon from President Fergus Laing, is now complaining about the size of tortillas...just say “oops” and get out...and I mean that literally in Biggs’ case (oh, but “Curtsy Kyrsten” LOVES Biggs, doesn’t she? And when it comes to the claim about Hangin’ Judge JR and Trump’s second impeachment, I give you this.).

Indeed, every accusation is a confession...



...and it looks like the 1/6 Commission pretty much laid bare the totally unrestrained grift of the administration of Cult 45, to the tune of a quarter mil, as noted in this Lincoln Project clip...



...and Sam and Emma of The Majority Report give us their take on the recent alleged gun deal that the Senate is hinting at passing (with Dem Chris Murphy of Connecticut talking about it on “Morning Jo(ke)”...again, not blaming Murphy since he’s doing his best, but given the stakes here, this is really weak sauce)...



Update 3 6/15/22: I purposely didn't say much about Chris Jacobs in the prior clip because I was saving it for this.

...and I admit that I’m a bit behind on this item, but I wanted to mention it anyway, as it has to do with the Dave Weigel/Felicia Sonmez dustup at the WaPo over Weigel forwarding what was definitely a bad joke via Twitter, though I think Weigel made amends for it every way he could – I usually try to avoid online media stuff like this, but I honestly thought this story was instructive for the reasons pointed out primarily by Ana and Cenk, and also David Shuster, who did indeed make his name with Whitewater many years ago – God, Sonmez MADE IT by getting a big media job with the WaPo, and she basically burned it all down, and for what?...



Update 6/19/22: I swear to God, Maher is nothing but a troll at this point (here). He should just do us all a favor and retire.


...and this day has some sentimental importance for yours truly, so I think it’s apropos to include this tune.

No comments: