Sunday, May 02, 2021

Sunday Stuff


Today marks the 10th anniversary of the killing of Osama bin Laden, who, as we know, was the mastermind behind the 9/11 attacks (here and here...I hope this day is recalled by most of us with credit given to those responsible, most notably Seal Team 6, though that also includes former President Obama and his team, including Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Defense Secretary Robert Gates...I'm pretty sure I said once that I would never include a pic of bin Laden here until after he was dead, so I'm just keeping with my word)...



...and on the subject of extremism, I thought this was a particularly good new ad from Meidas Touch...



...and this clip of Rachel Maddow speaking with historian Michael Beschloss compares President Biden to LBJ a bit in the sense that they were moderates as senators, though they’ve ended up pursuing more progressive and socially conscious policy goals, to their credit...



...and this song was #1 on the pop charts 60 years ago today.

No comments: