Monday, May 03, 2021

Monday Stuff


Joy Reid tells us more about the “cyber ninja” guy trying to conduct a recount of votes in Arizona from the 2020 election; I can’t think of a word to describe how pathetic it is that this is still going on and hasn’t been stopped yet (Reid didn’t mention in the clip, by the way, that the use of ultraviolet lights in the procedure is likely to damage ballots, as noted here...and I never expected to give Cindy McCain credit for anything, but she deserves it for this)...



...and Thom Hartmann discusses how Charles Koch and his greed head pals are trying to get that Article V convention going to rewrite the Constitution...truly a BFD (referencing Paul Krugman - more here)...



...and Ana and Cenk of TYT tell us how no Repug clapped (including House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy) when Biden talked about replacing lead pipes in his recent address to Congress (and I agree with a lot of what Cenk and Ana say about the Democrats not having the killer instinct, in particular, on clean water? Are you freaking kidding me??!!), but to be fair, Biden told the “R” party to “put up or shut up” when complaining about how Biden wanted to pay for his infrastructure plan, and this is the laughable alternative they came up with (and good job by Cenk to provide the important context on Solyndra – and I think Ana is being a little tough on Laura Italiano of the Murdoch NY Post rag because Italiano admitted that she did wrong, but I’m not going to go nuts over it...)...



...and in keeping with the theme of timid Dems, Rachel Maddow discusses Republicans taking credit for the American Rescue Plan even though they voted against it, including this guy (voting against it I mean); this clip actually started with Greg Pence and runs for almost 10 minutes, but for some reason MSNBC hacked the crap out of it...didn’t want to offend their Comcast overlords I’m sure (a running list of these characters should be available on the DNC web site, in big, bold type, but of course we’re stuck with the Dems we have who are too busy trying to get everybody to sing “kumbaya” and beg for $$ while not daring offend the other side I guess, though apparently Nancy Pelosi has used “Voted No, Took the Dough” in some tweets, so I suppose that counts as progress)...



...and John I. and Brett Erlich tell us how Matt Gaetz is sinking; couldn’t happen to a more deserving POS (Gaetz’s pal Joel Greenberg said the 2 of them paid for sex multiple times, including with an underage girl...womp womp, and yes I know that’s a serious issue...great snarky comment by Brett to lead off...an update is here)...



...and happy upcoming 55th birthday to Anders Osborne (the title of this song is a question I ask myself every single day).

No comments: