Monday, February 15, 2021

Monday Stuff


I guess, aside from death and taxes (and Democratic congressional capitulation – don’t worry; I won’t go all nutty all over again, since I just climbed down from that metaphorical ledge), something else that is constant is Fix Noise demonizing immigrants, even though, on balance, they commit less crime than naturalized Americans do, as far as that information is available, as noted here and here (David Pakman talks about that and more...I apologize for including waaaay too much of that damn lunatic Laura Ingraham)...



...meanwhile, for the reality point of view, John Iadarola and Ali Noorani talk about immigration and Social Security and trying to grow our economy in general (the fact that this country is, for all intents and purposes, a service economy means that we constantly need a fresh supply of labor to keep productive)...



...and David Doel highlights a CNN report on kids losing their parents to QAnon – a pretty deep dive into explaining why this group is a cult (and I’m not including this to be patronizing, but only to emphasize how important it is for people to get help...I hope things work out for these young women and their families) – Farron Cousins said earlier that we should take on that responsibility as a country, as in helping to deprogram people, but I’m sorry; we have a lot more pressing needs, so that’s a “no” from me...



...and speaking of Cousins, he tells us here that Louisiana Repug Sen. Bill Cassidy was censured for deciding to go forward with the 2nd impeachment...and he still voted to convict Trump in spite of that...kudos (of course, I’m sure Cassidy will now flip and do some truly nutso stuff to try and win back his beloved base)...



...and I now give you the latest installment of “This Day In Doomsy History” from 2/15/13; the following MoveOn ad shows a gun owner claiming that the NRA “doesn’t speak for me,” which I think is timely given that yesterday was the 3rd anniversary, believe it or not, of the Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, FL (and here is another related item)...



...and I know we usually commemorate Washington and Lincoln on President’s Day, but I’d like to include this tune for Number 37; anyone who thinks we’re still not living in Richard Nixon’s political shadow is dreaming or delusional as far as I’m concerned.

No comments: