Monday, June 22, 2020

Monday Stuff


I think I’m going to do something a little different this time; usually, when I present a clip of the Gropenfuhrer, I often do it with some commentary from a lefty/progressive pointing out how ridiculous #45 is acting…well, this time, I’m going to present him unfiltered for about a minute.

And I’m not going to investigate his claim of testing 25 million people, which, if it’s even true in the first place (and my money says it isn’t), represents less than 10 percent of the population of this country. No, I’d like for you to focus on what he says about slowing down the testing. I think that’s an unusually true statement from him, which of course can’t help but lead to nothing but more preventable deaths.

And nothing but *crickets* from the “party of Lincoln” in response…



…and boy, did this next story ever fall through the proverbial cracks, and kudos to Rachel Maddow for catching it and giving it the treatment it deserves; I definitely recall Amanda Bennett at the Inquirer soon before we let our subscription lapse…once again, something that was just taken for granted in this country to be nonpartisan almost by definition (in this case, the Voice of America, important for all of the reasons noted in the clip) has been utterly corrupted by our ruinous ruling regime of liars, frauds and criminals…



…and I’m sure Mango Mussolini will take personal umbrage at this next clip in particular – GOOD!

On a related note, there’s currently an HBO documentary airing about Roy Cohn, who definitely took Trump under his wing, along with Paul Manafort and Roger Stone (who, oddly, almost look like teenagers, and we’re talking about the Reagan era, when a lot of these insidious characters first rose to prominence). And, since we’re talking about two of the most notorious grifters this country has ever seen, I’m sure it comes as no surprise to learn that Trump totally ignored Cohn when the latter was afflicted with AIDS…no honor among thieves of course…



…and the following Lincoln Project ad is pretty good about what real leadership is supposed to look, sound, and act like, though I think it’s a little weird for them to play a quote from RFK (and MLK may not have truly been a Dem, but he definitely wasn’t a Repug) since the group that came up with the ad is made up of Republicans and I’m sure that, when the blessed day comes when Dems return to power for real in the executive and legislative branches (the courts will have to come later unfortunately), these people will flip back to their old ways…for now, though, they’re doing good work…



…and Kyle K. brings us this segment telling us what Fix Noise says about the statues coming down, and I’m sure it isn’t hard to figure out their perspective on this (by the admittedly low standards of The Roger Ailes BS Factory, this segment with Laura Ingraham and her designated, echoing-her-talking-points mouthpiece is actually tolerable…I think Kyle is spot-on when he says that the line should be drawn when it comes to tax dollars being involved with these monuments to insurrection against this country, and I also think he’s right about leaving the museums alone…I am also in agreement with Kyle in that there is NO JUSTIFICATION for the Trail of Tears)…



…and I’m in the mood for a summer tune, this one from the hippy, dippy ‘60s.

No comments: