Wednesday, March 04, 2020

Wednesday Stuff


Like you I suppose, I have a few observations about yesterday’s Super Tuesday results, which definitely were surprising:
  • African American voters are the most reliable Democratic Party voting constituency, and while I haven’t seen all of the “cross tabs,” if you will, I know they stepped up for Biden big time yesterday (and in the event that Biden wins the nomination, that should cement Kamala Harris’s spot as VP on the ticket if she wants it). That's not meant as a judgment - I'm just stating a fact. On the one hand, Biden won a lot of states that will probably go for Trump, sadly, in the general (but again, we’ll see), but on the other hand, credit where it’s due for coming back.

  • About Bernie…he decried the Democratic Party “establishment” coming after him, and based on the candidates dropping out and supporting Biden, it’s hard to see that he’s wrong. However (and again, preliminarily from what I’ve seen so far), it doesn’t look like he’s building a big enough coalition to win the nomination (and believe me when I tell you that I want to be wrong on that). If he does go down to Biden, then the fatal mistake will be that he and Elizabeth Warren didn’t find a way to team up. And I don’t necessarily mean that Bernie should be at the top of that possible ticket. I saw some good policy ideas coming from Warren, and I think she has a better record on that over Bernie. The two of them could be absolutely dynamite as a combination, but she would never get the VP slot, especially since she wasn’t able to deliver her home state. It’s just pretty unbelievable that there were three serious Democratic women running (four if you count Fox News “Democrat” Tulsi Gabbard), and while I definitely wasn’t a fan of Klobuchar, it looks like all four will be shut out. It gives me a bit of pause to consider that, if this country ever DOES elect a woman as chief executive, it could be a Republican, which would be terrible (not because she’s female, but because she’d belong to the party of Trump, Dubya, Tricky Dick, and The Sainted Ronnie R).

  • Finally, a lot of us laughed at Generalissimo Trump for going after Biden on the Ukraine thing (“what a maroon…Biden is done”). Well, as wrong as it was to pull that move on Ukraine, what does it tell you about the regime of the Gropenfuhrer that they ended up being right about how formidable Biden would be? I detest everything about Cult 45 of course, but let’s have no illusions about how ahead of the proverbial curve and data driven they are when it comes to trying to inflict four more years (at a minimum) of this pestilence on us.
  • And with that in mind, I thought this was a pretty smart take from former Obama ’08 campaign manager David Plouffe…



    …and David Pakman tells us about how Our Treasonous, Tiny-Handed Orange Russian Stooge is playing down The Virus That Apparently Shall Not Be Named, according to YouTube (unbelievable, though he does let it slip a couple of times; hope he doesn’t end up demonetized for it)…



    …and I thought this was a particularly good Inequality Media video from Robert Reich about the awful exploits of Sen. Mr. Elaine Chao…



    …and I’m sorry I’m a few days late for this video; it would have been a better selection for last Saturday (NSFW).

    No comments: