Monday, March 02, 2020

Monday Stuff


Brian Stelter of CNN gives Fix Noise the treatment it deserves for trying to turn the Coronavirus into a political weapon here (I know we knew this anyway, but there truly is no bottom for these life forms – also, I saw the headline of an article on the Murdoch Street Journal about how hand sanitizers are flying off the shelves, especially if they have any alcohol component at all, and boy, they aren’t kidding – went to Rite Aid, Walgreens, Target and BJ’s Wholesale, and I found some alcohol disinfectant wipes at BJs, but that’s about the best I could do for now – and if you want to order hand sanitizer with alcohol online, you’ll be paying a minimum of about $20…good luck; Lowe’s had some hand soap without alcohol, which can’t hurt I guess…and yeah, this figures too I suppose, as does this)…



…and Brian Tyler Cohen tells us about the dustup between that insufferable toad Mike Pompeo and Dem U.S. House Rep Ted Lieu over the typically idiotic propagandizing from the Trump regime over the Coronavirus (yeah, Heaven forbid that Pompeo has to answer a difficult question before he heads over to CPAC to spout more blather for the idiot masses)…



…and Thom H. speaks with an ER doc of 28 years with recommendations to combat the virus…



…and it looks like Mayor Pete is dropping out of the Dem primary - I have to admit that I underestimated the guy, and my bad for that, and I still think his campaign was full of platitudes and way short on specifics, but he definitely took the classy way to exit...I would say he has a formidable political future (and I guess at this point it’s only a matter of time before everyone joins Biden to gang up on Bernie – wonder if “cornpone” would approve, or whatever that nonsense was)…



...and I wonder if this had anything to do with Amy Klobuchar also dropping out - just sayin'...



…and while I’m sorry for the family and friends of Jack Welch, don’t expect me to feel any tug of nostalgia whatsoever; he was a rapacious capitalist who helped to codify a brand of corporatism which has been utterly ruinous for this country overall…I was actually able to find a segment with Jimmy Dore that is tolerable, partly because Michael Shure is there also, but since we’re talking about Dore, we’re also talking about some gratuitous “F” blasts also, so be warned…



Update: It was probably about time for this from Matthews, though I'm not celebrating - definitely stepped on a few rakes, as it were, but also did some good work as noted in the prior clip.

…and I thought this was a nice bit where Jimmy Kimmel turned the tables on “Calgary” Cruz (beyond belief how badly those in the second clip did on some pretty basic geography)…



…and I thought this was kind of a catchy, rockabilly-ish tune…neat to see this guy doing the “one-man band” thing.

No comments: