Friday, December 27, 2019

Friday Stuff


Chris Hayes talks with The Rev. William Barber about the Christianity Today editorial criticizing the Gropenfuhrer (I know I already said a thing or two into this, but I think Barber’s take is noteworthy here - and the fundies are just so charming aren't they, as noted here)…



…and John I., Cenk and Ramesh Srinivasan of TYT tell us about more garbage in our pork (far fewer inspectors and turning it over to the plants to inspect themselves…what could go wrong? And kudos to John for bringing a little fire here…just a personal note: Cenk isn’t kidding when he talks about eating overseas versus eating in this country; I couldn’t get over how much better the food tasted when we visited the UK a few years ago – this was all documented in “Fast Food Nation” awhile back, and it’s only gotten worse since then of course)…



…and RIP William Greider (here), shown here talking about the attempt to loot Social Security under Obama…they’re going to keep coming back for that and Medicare over and over and over



...and about Greider, I would say this was an interesting bit of foreshadowing, though the reality is more complex I realize...


…and as long as we’re acknowledging some who has recently passed on, I think we should pay tribute to some other musical folks who left us in the year that is coming a to close – beginning with Ric Ocasek of The Cars…



…Dr. John…



…and Ginger Baker of Cream.

No comments: