Friday, November 15, 2019

Friday Stuff


I give Seth Meyers credit for keeping us focused on the utterly wretched individuals finding their way onto our federal courts courtesy of Generalissimo Trump and Sen. Mr. Elaine Chao…I know we touched on the Van Dyke stuff earlier – the laughter in response to the Van Dyke clip is thoroughly deserved as far as I’m concerned (the Meyers clip is timely in light of this – so fed up with going through the exercise of fighting these cretins only to see Repugs force them onto courts all over this country anyway because they can)…



…and for more emphasis on what a POS Menashi is, I give you this clip from Dem U.S. Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (Menashi was confirmed by every Repug U.S. senator except Susan Collins, who only voted the way she did because she’s probably in the political fight of her life for voting for “Schlitz” Kavanaugh)…



...and every time I hear our utterly craven, bought-and-paid-for corporate media gush about Mayor Pete, Klobuchar, or whichever billionaire or former politician has decided to run for the Dem presidential nomination over the last 24 hours, I want to take my PC monitor and throw it out the window because, unfortunately, it’s helping to suck the life out of the Kamala Harris campaign…yes, I know she had some missteps during those debates, but as far as I’m concerned, she’s rock solid on the issues that matter, as noted here on the recent CA mass shooting…



Update: As noted here (with the Senate Majority Leader trying to make some kind of a typically stoo-pid joke at the expense of the Dems, which wasn't even factually correct), #MoscowMitch is sitting on an extended background check bill that passed the U.S. House on February 27th.

…and speaking of trying to suck the life out of something, David Pakman tells us here about the issues his show is having with CNN and Facebook; I usually try to avoid “meta” stuff like this, but I think this is a cautionary tale for anyone trying to generate and post content online – also, if this helps his show get more subscribers, all the better…




…and as Farron Cousins tells us, it looks like wingnut U.S. House Rep. Matt Gaetz wants a jail sentence for the woman who tossed a red liquid at him – typical…good point about Daddy Gaetz getting his worthless progeny to blow off his own DUI cases…



...and John I. and Michael Brooks bring us up to date on some world stuff, including the coup in Bolivia which I'd heard of but really didn't understand until I saw this, though it is sadly predictable I realize (the Marshall Islands stuff and true cost of the GWOT post-9/11 are stomach-churning also)...



…and there’s definitely no way I could let this week come to an end without including this clip – I have to admit that I hadn’t paid attention to John Oliver for a little while, but this is an absolutely magnificent takedown of West Virginia’s Bob Murray, CEO of Murray Energy…builds up to one of the all-time-great roasts, and Oliver manages to come up with a terrific report on SLAPP lawsuits also (just assume the whole thing is NSFW and keep your headphones on, or watch at home)…



...and I realize this is perilously close to actual country music, but I thought this was a neat, relatively new tune, so here it is.




Update 1: STONED! (tee hee...speaking of legal stuff).

Update 2: Truly, you can't make it up (here).

No comments: