Monday, September 16, 2019

Monday Stuff


I would say that it’s pretty damn obvious by now why the “party of Lincoln” wanted no parts of Deborah Ramirez during the Schlitz Kavanaugh confirmation hearing based on this – the clip below with Katy Tur and Heidi Przybyla reminds us how the allegations were treated the first time around (and once more, the expression on the face of Kavanaugh's wife speaks volumes as far as I'm concerned)…



…and the TMR crew, including Heather "Digby" Parton, tell us about Beto O’Rourke’s reaction to AR-15's from the last Democratic debate (I definitely agree with him in principle, but I don't know of a practical way to get all AR-15's out of commission...as much as I hate to admit it, they're people's property and I don't think you should just arbitrarily take them...don't have a better answer unfortunately...and yeah, I'll keep my eye on Chris Coons also)...



Update: Wow, THAT didn’t take long (here) – not sure how much combat Coons could have seen at Yale Divinity School; as soon as I find out who will primary Coons (who’s up for re-election in 2020), that person can count on a contribution from yours truly.

…and Brian Tyler Cohen tells us about the Gropenfuhrer actually entertaining the possibility of bringing the Taliban to Camp David for peace talks around the 9/11 anniversary (once more, if a certain 44th President of the United States had entertained such an idea, all the Fix Noise talking heads would have stroked out in an apoplectic fit – I think Chris Wallace took it easy on Pompeo here because I’m sure Wallace got spanked over his last Pompeo interview, where I think Wallace did a good job...Pompeo is of course a pompous ass, which makes him perfect for this administration)…



…and Robert Reich tells us about the GOP’s plan to hold onto power in next year’s election – we all need to make sure we vote for Democrats like our lives depend on it, because that may very well be the stakes…



…and man, all of a sudden, it’s a bad time for “classic rock” performers – RIP to Eddie Money…



...and Ric Ocasek of The Cars (here).

No comments: