Friday, August 30, 2019

Friday Stuff


Farron Cousins tells us about one North Dakota farmer in particular who has had enough of Mango Mussolini and his tariffs (I think Cousins misspoke on the “voted on by a court” phrase, but the rest of his commentary is spot-on IMHO)…



...and Cenk and Ana of TYT connect the dots, as it were, between the rapacious, capitalist corporate greed head scam going on in the Amazon and the regime of the Gropenfuhrer, including Blackstone and Stephen Schwarzman (I don't condone violence, but if I were a U.S. soybean farmer watching this, I might be inclined to go get a gun and arrange transportation to Washington, D.C.)...



..and Amy Goodman of Democracy Now talks to Lee Gelernt of the ACLU about the atrocities going on at our southern border; how anyone can claim to belong to any kind of organized religion at all and still support this is something I will never, ever understand



…and David Pakman tells us that Generalissimo Trump may be turning on Fix Noise at long last (good point at the end about George Lakoff)...



…also, Rachel Maddow interviews Ellen Weintraub of the FEC about that regulating body being short changed by Moscow Mitch and the Repugs, including *President* Orange Cheetoh of course (more here)…



…and David Doel gives David Koch one more shot, which I think is apropos even though the latter has shed his mortal coil, if you will (stuff is included in this clip which should be part of Koch's legacy for sure as far as I'm concerned)…



…and turning to the world of sports, I thought this was yet another good commentary from Dale Hansen on the occasion of the retirement of quarterback Andrew Luck (ironically named given his injury history) from the NFL (here) – I don’t think Luck has to prove a damn thing to anybody, and any elite athlete who sacrifices his health at this age for fame and fortune is playing with fire – not the most original of “takes” I realize (some in the Philly sports media have been speculating that Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz might do the same thing one day, which Wentz is entitled to do as far as I’m concerned – speaking of the Birds, they just completed yet another ho-hum preseason…I realize those games don’t count, but losing 6-0 to the New York Jets? Really??!!)…



Update 9/2/19: Classy...

…and it seems we have indeed come to the official end of the summer season with the Labor Day weekend upon us (sniff) – I may work in a couple of more seasonal tunes anyway despite that over the next few days, but for now, here’s a little “Friday with Frank.”

No comments: