Monday, July 29, 2019

Monday Stuff


I know this really isn’t a surprise, but it looks like the Repugs in Congress were definitely carrying water for Sean Inanity and Fix Noise and others on that accursed network in the matter of their questioning of Special Counsel Robert Mueller last week, which I realize is "dog bites man" stuff (I'm not going to comment on all of the "BUT LOOK OVER THERE!" idiocy of Congressional Republicans, though I will only add that NOT ONE STINKING WORD of the Steele Dossier has been disproven, and that wasn't even the impetus behind Mueller's investigation anyway - it was George Papadopoulos running his mouth to that Australian diplomat in Great Britain - and one of the congressional Repugs was actually dumb enough to give away the game and preface his question by saying “According to Gregg Jarrett” – heh – more here…)...



…and kudos to CNN anchor Victor Blackwell for showing some commendable humanity in the face of the rank racism and prejudice emanating from our Orange Pustule in An Oval Office – Brian Tyler Cohen explains...



Oh, and when it comes to “infested” areas of this country, I give you this...



Update 8/4/19: I think this is a terrific post on this subject from Jon Perr of Daily Kos.

…and speaking of red state “infestation,” you might say, it looks like something in the neighborhood of 15, 600 people may have died because their states refused Medicaid expansion under the Affordable Care Law - John I. and Ana of TYT explain…



Update 7/30/19: Sad but true here...

..and I have to admit that I found this item to be typically ridiculous involving MoDo of the New York Times – “my dad was a cop, so I automatically am one of the rabble, like you,” or something…hey, good for Carl Hulse on getting his book published, and sure, go ahead and have a party, but don’t get snippy when you get called out for the very behavior that shows the media/political/industrial complex for what it truly is, which is a gaggle of self-important opportunists – made me recall this clip (I know there are some “Worst Person” segments out there somewhere with Dowd, but I wasn’t able to track down any of them…c’est dommage)…



…and Robert Reich calls out the Repugs for more typical propaganda on raising the federal minimum wage…



…and this seasonal tune goes out to the pitching staff of our own Philadelphia Phillies, except for Aaron Nola and possibly Hector Neris…we were at the game on Saturday against Atlanta, and it’s always a fun time at the ballpark for any reason, but the top of the third inning may have been the worst exhibition of allegedly major league baseball that I’d ever seen…those hideous burgundy uniforms didn’t help either (it was ‘70s retro night, and the best part of that was the movie parodies of “Close Encounters Of The Third Kind” and “Monty Python And The Holy Grail” with the Phanatic)…yes, Atlanta is a good hitting team, and the REAL problem with the pitching as far as I’m concerned is poor drafts when Ruben Amaro was the GM, but what’s done is done.

No comments: