Monday, April 15, 2019

Monday Stuff






Mon cœur se casse – there are some days when a news story dwarfs everything else, and this, sadly, is one of those days (here)…



Update 1 4/16/19: Mon coeur est heureux (here).

Update 2 4/16/19: And I think this is well said also.

…and because the “meat and potatoes,” if you will, of this site is political stuff and related news, I give you Brian Tyler Cohen on Chris Wallace and Shep Smith pushing back against Trump BS on immigration.

And by the way, I am SO FED UP with watching Democrats act absolutely flummoxed on the whole “sanctuary cities” thing…the term, like so much other garbage in our dialogue, came from a right-wing think tank…a “sanctuary” city or state obeys the rule of law; someone from ICE can’t just come up to you and say, “I don’t like you, and you fit my profile of someone breaking the law, so you’re coming with me”…bullshit! In a “sanctuary city,” someone purporting to arrest you has to produce a warrant and show cause.

This tells me, then, that conservatives favor “detention cities” where you can be strong-armed against your rights, in violation of anything approximating due process. BUT I NEVER SEE CHICKEN DEMOCRATS ACTUALLY MAKING THAT ARGUMENT!

Anyway, here is the BTC clip…



…and CNN’s Brian Stelter tells us here how the latest garbage about Dem U.S. House Rep Ilhan Omar got started (a little uncomfortable with fire references at the moment given the Notre Dame tragedy)…



…and I can’t think of too many other tunes to offer right now besides this one.

No comments: