Tuesday, October 02, 2018

Tuesday Stuff


I thought this was a really good “Now This” feature on the effort to combat voter suppression in Scott Walker-istan, principally as a result of voter ID (I’ll never understand how anyone can actually take a life form like Glenn Grothman seriously, interviewed in the clip…and by the way, you can get license updates and a state ID on the spot in PA)…



…and Michael Brooks of TMR tells us about the latest wingnut propaganda on health care (wow, I had no idea Josh Hawley, running against Claire McCaskill in Missouri, was such a Republican POS, but yeah, it looks like he is all right)…



…and Kyle K. tells us that, according to his latest measure on this, the Dems score a 67 percent on “voter enthusiasm,” though the Repugs are at 59 (with their leader in town today, apparently), which means we can’t take anything for granted – and by the way, I definitely don’t share Kyle’s opinion of Nancy Pelosi…how about giving her credit for getting shit done (NSFW)?



…and I agree with Cenk; Kanye West did indeed “break the stupid meter” recently over the 13th Amendment, about which we literally fought a war in this country…



…and speaking of clueless morons, I totally agree with David Pakman when it comes to Jimmy Dore (when I see Dore actually debate someone to argue his positions, then MAYBE I’ll consider taking him seriously)…




…and I haven’t had anything to say about the one-year anniversary of the Las Vegas gun massacre (here) because I really don’t have much of anything to add to the discussion, except to point out that this is yet another example of our legislators’ cowardice in response to the NRA, which we know is “status quo” anyway unfortunately…allow me to offer the following as a bit of a remembrance.

No comments: