Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Tuesday Stuff


Kyle Kulinski gave us what I thought was an interesting in-depth commentary on the U.S. Embassy move to Jerusalem (yep, not dog whistles but a f*cking foghorn indeed, though there are issues with the Palestinians here, specifically with Hamas, that Kyle glosses over a bit IMHO - pretty good summary on this that wraps up at about 3:08 by the way – once again, take a bow, all you Trumpster asshats, Bernie-or-bust clowns and fools who decided not to vote at all, let alone for HRC, who helped bring us this mess two years ago...NSFW)...



...and with the same story in mind, Cenk takes a cold, hard look at the true craziness of the so-called fundamentalist "Christians" (and I’m not a life sciences professional, and I don’t even play one on TV so I’m not qualified to make this diagnosis, but as far as I’m concerned, Jeanine Pirro is certifiably insane)...



…and Joy Reid talks with Evan Osnos of The New Yorker about more Nixonian garbage from Generalissimo Trump, in particular demoting Obama-era staffers to the so-called “turkey farm”…Osnos refers to these displaced folks handling FOIA requests, and I think this is what he’s talking about…



...and kudos to Costa Rica for pledging to ban fossil fuels (yes, they may not make it I realize, but at least they’re going to try)...


…and today is primary election day in PA, and in the newly formed PA-01 district, I’m endorsing Scott Wallace (like my “endorsement” means a hill of beans I realize)…on balance, I like what I hear from Wallace on the issues that matter, and challenger Rachel Reddick started out OK, but I don’t like her last-minute turn towards negativity…Wallace pointed out that she was a registered Republican, which is no crime I know, but she responded with stuff about Wallace having a mansion in Maryland and resident status in South Africa or something, which are stupid charges as far as I’m concerned, and also implying that Wallace maligned her military service, and I saw no evidence of that – Steve Bacher is also running for the nomination…



(Oh, and it looks like all of that sweet, sweet Koch Bros. cash from that scam tax cut bill is being used for crappy YouTube promos for Bri-Fi fighting the supposed scourge of “sanctuary cities,” when in fact conservatives want the Trumpian model of “detention cities” typical for a dictatorship where someone from INS can detain you because they don’t like your looks or the color of your skin…oh, but Bri-Fi is a “moderate” – GMAFB!)

...also, we lost Mr. S. 20 years ago yesterday.

No comments: