Thursday, March 08, 2018

Thursday Stuff


This story by Rachel Maddow about the genesis of Generalissimo Trump’s aluminum and steel tariffs was a bit of a head-scratcher even for him (“governance” by vendetta as usual, though), but then I saw that wall of the departures from this regime and I felt absolutely gobsmacked…



…and oh yeah, it looks like Number 45 is planning to screw over, among others, our neighbors to the north over those aforementioned, stupid steel tariffs…



…and kudos to the West Virginia teachers for winning a pay increase, as noted in the video, but no, I’m afraid this fight isn’t over either…



…and let us not forget one of the people who, as far as I’m concerned, ended up polluting our political discourse with her crackpot world view which, tragically, has become accepted conventional wisdom among wingnuts everywhere (“if there is no common good, there is no society” indeed)…


…and I think there’s a little too much “sensible centrist” in this video as opposed to “vinegar” a la Bernie Sanders, but I can only hope Conor Lamb knows PA-18 better than I do (special election is this Tuesday)…




…and happy International Women’s Day.

No comments: