Monday, February 05, 2018

Monday Stuff


Unless you have endured all of the years of utter, abject futility with The Philadelphia Eagles, you cannot know how momentous their victory in Super Bowl LII (oh, screw it – 52!) truly is.

I mean, there were the years of Ed Khayat (as a coach – as a player, he was a member of the 1960 Eagles team, which was, until last night, the last one to win a championship), Mike McCormack, Marion Campbell as a head coach, Rich Kotite and the wet laminated clip board, to say nothing of big mouth Buddy Ryan, Cadillac dealership owner and team owner also (for a time) Norman Braman, Leonard Tose trying to sell the team to pay off gambling debts (who preceded Braman), Horst Muhlmann who was cut by Dick Vermeil because he didn’t execute an onside kick (nothing against Vermeil, though, I hasten to add), offensive lineman Ed George who literally held on every play, running back Lee Bouggess who couldn’t find an open hole in the line if his life depended on it (not that the Birds gave him that many to begin with)…I could go on and on.

But last night took care of all of that. And now, the fourth of the four major sports teams in Philadelphia (sorry if I’m slighting the Soul or anyone else), has WON IT ALL!!!!

Here is a clip on the festivities from the local Action News station (oh, and by the way, if you buy a Dodge RAM truck after this, then I have no patience for you)…


...and here's a great NowThis video...


…and as far as I’m concerned, all the the Iggles are flying high right now, but I think there’s a special place for Chris Long…


…and I should probably return to my “bread and butter,” as it were, with this clip of Cenk on the alleged popularity of the tax giveaway from Generalissimo Trump and the Repugs…



…and Kyle tells us about the Gropenfuhrer’s latest lies, this time on prescription drug prices (NSFW)…



..and I only put this tune up one other time in 2008 because that was the only other time it was ever appropriate, and I’m ecstatic actually to be able to do it again.

No comments: