Thursday, November 02, 2017

Thursday Stuff


(I guess this sign is a metaphor of sorts, except for people flooded out from the hurricanes where it represents reality, unfortunately.

And speaking of cities that have suffered misfortune, congratulations to the world champion Houston Astros of baseball, including former Phil Ken Giles. I personally was rooting for the Dodgers, to be honest, but that’s OK – happy for Houston all the same. It was still a much-needed shot in the arm for a city flat on its metaphorical back, which is good.)

And on the subject of being flat on your back, literally, I give you this item about the reporter who was tripped to the ground and face planted because…well, he apparently violated a swearing ordinance in Virginia in the presence of a Republican, or something – another chapter of the book “Life in These United States Under Generalissimo Trump,” or something…



…and I know it’s telling that K.O. is quoting Republican politicos like Ed Rollins and their unofficial spokespeople like “BoBos” Brooks, but I have a feeling that the emerging narrative from congressional Repugs trying to hold onto their stinking jobs next year will be “Hey, it wasn’t MY fault. I did everything President Big Orange Cheetoh TOLD me to do, Chucky and Davey Koch! I didn’t think he was actually nuts. Now can I please have a million dollars?”…



…and fortunately, Rachel Maddow makes sure we keep our eye on the proverbial ball, as it were, when it comes to the Gropenfuhrer and his Russian handlers (yeah, I would say that it’s time to pretty much etch some of this stuff in stone too...and Dem U.S. House Rep Adam Schiff continues to stand tall, earning the perpetual ire of the wingnuts of course)…



…and Donald Drumpf Jr. is referred to in the Maddow report, and apparently he was up to some antics over the recent holiday; fortunately, Stephen Colbert gives him a sweet comeuppance, you might say (to paraphrase the poet, liquor may be quicker, but candy is dandy this time around)...



…and to me, this is one hell of a dynamic duo, you might say (Holy Justice For the 99 Percent, Batman! – yeah, I admit that was a bit of a stretch even for me)…


…and the line “We’re the ones we’ve been waiting for” is right out of an Obama campaign ad I know, but that doesn’t make it any less true as far as I’m concerned.

No comments: