Thursday, June 08, 2017

Thursday Stuff

As far as I’m concerned, only the most craven and idiotic of partisans basically oppose impeachment of Number 45 at this point (here); do you seriously want to imagine what would happen if we were somehow talking about a Democrat?...


…and sorry I’m a little late with this item from Maine Sen. Angus King yesterday – nice work to go after Coats and Rogers like that; what a pair of compromised idiots, like the rest of our outlaw executive regime…


…and I thought this was an interesting bit of history – on this day 50 years ago, our “ally” Israel attacked the U.S.S. Liberty; kind of sickening behavior I must admit (and this was an odd bit of a coincidence I would say)…



…and as long as we’re “setting the wayback,” I give you the latest installment of “This Day In Doomsy History” (a bit late I know) from 6/7/08 (Amy Goodman talks with Josh Silver and Bob McChesney at a conference on media consolidation…yep, “Straight Talk” McCain caved as usual – and apparently enough he didn’t distinguish himself here either; more important to watch a baseball game than to be ready for the Comey hearing I guess – and it’s funny to hear that O’Reilly comment now, but NOT FUNNY when you realize what kind of a battle we have to fight against the Trumpsters to keep the Internet as equal for everybody as possible…and good point, sadly, about Clinton/Gore and the ’96 telecomm bill – never a good ending when a Dem caves on an issue as important as that one)…



…oh, and I guess I committed a bit of a faux pas by not wishing VP Mike Pence a happy birthday yesterday; please allow me to do so with this (and boy, is John Iadarola right at about 6:15…that point by Cenk about Generalissimo Trump’s attitude of only he being allowed to win is well made, and the Democrats should have echoed that OVER AND OVER AND OVER during the campaign...and by the way, about Pence's cap-and-trade denigration, I give you this)...



…and I never thought I would have a reason to put up this tune, but I’m glad to be wrong; happy what-would-have-been 150th birthday to architect extraordinaire Frank Lloyd Wright.

No comments: