Thursday, June 15, 2017

Thursday Stuff

Kudos to Sen. Chris Murphy for calling BS on the Repugs and “Trump-Scam-Care”…


…and with that in mind, it’s time once more for “This Day In Doomsy History” from 6/16/11 (Dem U.S. House Rep Gerry Connolly of Virginia called out the Repugs’ efforts here regarding censorship on the part of Mr.-Puppy-Dog-Eyes-With-The-Shiv by changing the language around Ryan’s attempt to voucherize Medicare – shows the progression as far as I’m concerned in the congressional Repugs’ efforts to stifle dissent and strangle the free flow of information on issues that are important to us “bigly” - more here)…



…and Bernie Sanders speaks out against that cowardly life form who shot up the Alexandria, VA baseball field and those in attendance; I agree that he didn’t have to even though this individual worked on his campaign to some degree, but it was still the right thing to do – and I have to admit that I’m saddened by what Joy Reid has done on this…NSFW towards the end from John; to me, one takeaway here is that we on the Deb/lib/progressive side can’t be hunkered down into one “camp” at the expense of another – yes, as I’ve said before, I supported Bernie in the primary but I supported Hillary in the general because she was the nominee of my party and the choice was her versus a crazy person…I think Bernie was a bit excessive at times in his campaign and HRC definitely was in hers, but as somebody once said, politics ain’t beanbag, and at the end of the day, you need to know what you’re about and stick with it (and yeah, the next time a wingnut blames a lefty for gun violence again, tell them to suck on this and this)…



…and leave it to Sam Bee to give us the lowdown on the Jeff Sessions Show (yeah, I think “Senator Honor And Virtue” needs to go reserve his place in the Shady Rest One-Way Home For Political Blowhards...NSFW also)…



...and all of this makes me nostalgic, I must admit, for a chief executive so utterly competent at his job that the wingnutosphere had to MAKE UP scandals about him, as David Pakman reminds us on how Obama was criticized for mustard on hamburgers eight years ago (horrors! – yep, “context” indeed)…



…and with all of the insanity going on, I just felt like I needed to hear this song.

No comments: