Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Wednesday Stuff (updates)

RIP Carrie Fisher



Update 1 12/29/16: You know, I get really steamed when Bill Maher lectures lefties about political correctness, but then I read about something like this and I see that he’s getting more ammunition from our collective side.

How could anyone think that Steve Martin – Steve Martin, of all people! – could say something in response to the death of Carrie Fisher that would be anything but an endearing and heartfelt tribute??!!

Oh, for shame! He actually complimented her looks, as if that’s somehow sexist or something. Fetch the fainting couch!

Ridiculous (and why do I have a feeling that, were she still with us, Fisher would be laughing her ass off in response?)…

Update 2 12/29/16: Hat tip to Joe Conason on Twitter for this...

…and normally I wouldn’t pay a lot of attention to those zany Brit royals at this site, but I think Prince Charles is pretty spot-on here; I get it that people vote for their pocketbook as it were and are too busy living their lives to take the “long view” from time to time, but I think that’s exactly what we need to do here…



...and I give you Kyle Kulinski on corporate media stenographer Dana Bash and her notions of "bipartisanship" (very NSFW but right, what Kyle says I mean)…



…and in a year of what I guess you could call a more normal or typical amount of musicians who have left us, I think this would be a more notable milestone, but with all of the others who have gone in 2016, this might have been obscured somewhat, but I don’t think it should be – cutting to the chase, you can consider this to be a tribute to Paul Kantner.

No comments: