Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Tuesday Stuff

Yeah, I’d say that George Lucas fellow called this, amirite?...



…and Former Clinton Labor Secretary Robert Reich warns us yet again about how President-Elect Fergus Laing has been playing (and will continue to play) the media like the proverbial harp from hell, as it were (and here is more on the Sinclair stuff Reich is referring to - they have a typically f'ed-up definition of "straight" also, which I'm sure you realize by now...let's see how well-received the "victory rallies" are for this self-absorbed, narcissistic, chauvinistic idiot after he's sworn in and actually has to function like, y'know, an actual head of state)…



...and these are some carefully measured words in response to Generalissimo Trump from K.O., which make them more powerful as far as I'm concerned; a bit of a disquieting note about Al Gore, though - sure, he could have run a better campaign (as I said, this year's contest mirrored the 2000 one in uncomfortable ways), but he still did well enough to damn near win the whole thing (which, discounting the Miami-Dade chicanery, he actually did as far as I'm concerned)...



…and you know what? I want to take a bit of a break from the political stuff with this clip, since the news is mostly bad anyway and what follows is something more in line with the season as far as I’m concerned…


…and here is a particularly jazzy seasonal selection…



…along with a holiday tune from the funniest math professor of all time…



…as well as a tune from a Philly guy…



…and I hope this takes you to the same happy place that it takes me.

No comments: