Friday, May 20, 2016

Friday Stuff

You know what? I don't know how much of the anti-Sanders stuff out there is media trolling by the Hillary campaign and how much of it is a meltdown from the Sanders campaign, including the Nevada business (and I'll admit that the numbers are in HRC's favor), but let's not forget this, shall we?...

(For example, Cenk Uygur, who I respect, said that he hasn’t seen video of a chair being thrown during the Nevada stuff – neither have I, but isn’t that missing the larger point?)...

…also, I didn’t give much of a thought to the recent passing of former Utah Repug Senator Bob Bennett (I had issues with the guy, but he was pretty normal compared to the rest of that bunch, including the utter lowlife who ended up getting his job), but I thought this was pretty touching, to say nothing of completely called for at a minimum…



…and speaking of Cenk, I also thought he and Ana gave a good analysis here of the dustup over Facebook and so-called preferred right-wing content (funny that you never hear about liberals and progressives being allowed to vet the “news” content of The Daily Tucker, Clownhall.com, The Weakly Standard, and of course Fix Noise)…



…and kudos to the striking Verizon workers – all the best…



…and just keep telling yourself that “The Handmaid’s Tale” is fiction when you watch this (by the way, I’ve been watching a great documentary on Showtime called “Drunk, Stoned, Brilliant, Dead” about National Lampoon – would really like to know what people like Doug Kenney, Henry Beard and John Hughes before he went commercial would do with something like this story)…



Update: Wow, here is a sentence I thought I’d never write – kudos to Repug governor Mary Fallin for this (yeah, I'm sure she has an ulterior motive, but nice job to do the right thing).

…and Thom Hartmann brings us economic and labor news for the week (“B. Barry Bamz” ought to pay attention to the first item in particular – one of the more depressing segments I realize, and I’m not sure what we can do about it except work for change, all of us)…



…and I’ll be honest; I go back and forth on these guys, but I like this new tune in particular.

No comments: