Monday, November 30, 2015

Monday Stuff

(I also posted here.)

I call this some terrific "connecting of the dots" by Cenk Uygur on the issue of terrorism (this should knock The Sainted Ronnie R off his bleeping pedestal once and for all, but I'm sure it won't)...



...and apologies for being a bit behind on the latest economic and labor news from Thom Hartmann...



...and "Unsafe At Any Speed" hit bookstores 50 years ago today (here)...there are those who have made the somewhat plausible argument that Ralph Nader rigged his tests to show that the Chevy Corvair would "roll" with the wheels locked in a turning motion more easily than other vehicles, but to me, the bottom line is that the book sponsored the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act the next year, which made seat belt usage mandatory in 49 states, among other reforms - of course, as of about 15 years ago, Nader will be remembered much more infamously for his role in the presidential election that foisted Dubya into the White House...



...and I know Nader was once a crusader against cars, but I don't recall that he ever had anything to say about a sleigh.

No comments: