Friday, July 17, 2015

Friday Stuff

Note: I know there was yet another awful shooting in Chattanooga, TN, recently where four Marines (Update: And one U.S. Navy petty officer) were killed and three others were injured due to some lunatic who was killed also in the standoff - will it be different this time because the guy may have been a "terrist"? I'm not holding my breath. Aside from extending my sympathies yet again over this stuff, I pretty much don't know what else to say anymore beyond this and this.

(And there's another badly-edited attack video by some conservative front group to try and smear Planned Parenthood again - give me a break. I refuse to give any oxygen to that garbage...but if you want to view Cecile Richards's response, click here.)

Back to the regular stuff...Chris Hayes interviews Sen. Al Franken about LGBT discrimination of kids and pending U.S. Senate legislation – good luck with that because he’ll need it (and with that in mind, I should say that I really don’t care one way or the other about Caitlyn Jenner)…



…and I give you get another installment of “This Day In Doomsy History” from about two years ago, in which former MSNBC commentator Martin Bashir (remember him? And why he was forced out of a job? I’ll give you a hint – it didn’t have anything to do with Iraqi helicopters) interviews Dem U.S. House Rep Mark Pocan about the importance of restoring the Voting Rights Act (and in a related item, as they say, I give you this)…

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy


…and silly Cenk – don’t you know that this whole Jade Helm stuff is just an Obama conspiracy to use his secret army of ACORN volunteers living in their FEMA prison camps to register illegal aliens to vote for Democrats? And yes, I’m removing my tongue from my cheek now…



…and happy upcoming 70th birthday to John Lodge of The Moody Blues.



And with that, I take my leave of you for a little while - heading up to our blue-state paradise for some much-needed R&R. I hope to fire this thing back up again in about a week.

No comments: