Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Tuesday Stuff

“Well, besides that, Mrs. Lincoln, what did you think of the play?”

Yeah, yeah, I know – call me a filthy unkempt liberal blogger.

Seriously, Mrs. Doomsy, the teenaged one and I once visited Ford’s Theater, and we found it to be a truly surreal experience (illuminated by an thoroughly expert presentation from a great guide of the National Park Service)…



...and yeah, I know I keep taking shots at Kansas, and that’s because they’re completely deserved (here); as usual, when a Repug threatens to “unleash the private sector” and rein in a “culture of dependency,” what that REALLY means is that a blue state will have to pay more for the stupidity of a red state (and is it too much of a stretch to say that that kind of animosity is a legacy, though not a proud one, of the Civil War?)…


…and what supposedly admirable conduct from our main Middle East “ally,” as John and Cenk explain…



...and RIP Percy Sledge.

No comments: