Monday, March 03, 2014

Monday Stuff

What a great idea from Bill Maher (here – the “maximum” wage I mean, not necessarily the “Sham Wow” thing – and yes, believe it or not, that was William Kristol on the panel, the recipient of this from Maher – well done…and yes, NSFW)…



…and Ed Schultz and Col. Jack Jacobs discuss the proposed cuts in our bloated defense budget, with Col. Jacobs not necessarily going along with it, though his point about “Rummy’s stepchildren,” as it were, is well taken – sure, go after people instead of bloated programs that may never work (and interesting analysis on the whole Ukraine business, I think)…



…and speaking of people in our military… I don’t usually go for the heart strings like I guess I’m doing here, but I absolutely couldn’t ignore this story (I’d give Myles Eckert a great big hug if I could)…



…and after watching that, I’m in the mood for an anti-war song (probably the only tune ever inspired from a play by George Bernard Shaw...and I guess this goes out to "Irving's boy" too).

No comments: