Monday, February 03, 2014

Monday Stuff

(By the way, here are my responses to some news stories that other people seem to care about: 1) I have zero interest in President Obama’s interview with Billo the Clown – I have no idea if there were any “gotchas,” and I don’t care; 2) I don’t know if Woody Allen is guilty of the allegations made by Dylan Farrow or not – the statute of limitations has apparently expired…I’m just sorry for all concerned – I think Woody Allen, like many great artists, is extremely talented at what he does, though he may be at heart a true mess of a human being; 3) Apparently Governor Bully went on radio station 101.5 in New Jersey, which is favorable ground for conservatives anyway, and pled innocence again on the GW bridge thing…Christie deserves the benefit of the doubt until he’s proven to be wrong, which I’m convinced we’ll see eventually – and then, at that point, it will be up to him to retire from public life once and for all – however, assuming he’s telling the truth, what does that tell us of his competence as an administrator and manager of his own inner circle, which is a requirement that’s really high on the list of job duties for someone aspiring to be the President of the United States? Oh, and by the way...)…

OK, now that that’s out of the way…

…to anyone who doesn’t like this ad from the Super Bowl, I’d like to offer the following quote from Richard Pryor; have a Coke and a smile and STFU (here)…



…and in response, I give you the following from Elon James White…



Update 2/4/14: Stay classy, Foxies (here).

…and I know some of the language about addiction here from Chris Hayes is a bit unsettling given the awful Philip Seymour Hoffman story, but I think it’s spot-on (and as far as a response goes, I give you this)…



…and here’s an upbeat number that the kids seem to like to help us slog through yet more snow.

No comments: