Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tuesday Stuff

Fifty years ago today, 20 African American schoolchildren attended their first day of public school in Alabama, marking the end of segregation in that state (the climax to the incident noted here – President Kennedy spoke to the nation about it in the clip below)…



…and I don’t know why Martin Bashir ended this with a quote from Pope Douthat, but I still think this is a good commentary…

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy


…and I thought this was funny stuff once more from Stephen Colbert, but I have to admit that it makes my liberal heart sad to see John Kerry as the butt of jokes, even though he admittedly misspoke (Update 9/11/13 - Although, on the other hand...)…



…and “Take Back The City” is a neat tune from these guys, and I think this is also.

No comments: