Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Tuesday Stuff

I totally get it that Barbara Buono is facing huge electoral odds in favor of Governor Bully, but I can’t just sit here and do nothing while that egomaniac skates into a second term (here – to do what you can to help, click here)…



…and I thought this was an interesting discussion with Jane Hamsher about the Bradley Manning verdict today – I hope someone asks Eric Holder why he thought he could get an espionage conviction, when in fact that argument always looked pretty weak; it was pretty obvious that Manning would be convicted of something, though…this will be a pretty interesting “penalty phase”; I hope he gets some credit for time served and is allowed to have a life again at some point, especially considering the garbage he has already endured…

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy


…and I liked this video from Counterpoint PA about marriage equality in our beloved commonwealth; I have to say, though, that even though I’m a huge prog rock fan (as Mrs. Doomsy will confirm with the obligatory eye-roll), I think “The Barbarian” by ELP as an "intro" and "outro" is a bit extreme…maybe free-form jazz or something?...



…and here’s a cool new tune from The Living Elvis and The Roots.

No comments: