Friday, February 22, 2013

Friday Stuff

(I also posted here.)

(And by the way, I know about this – aside from saying that Flush Limbore is a babbling, OxyContin-addicted blowhard with the common sense and intellectual curiosity of a flea, I have no further comment, except to say that there are times, Flush, when we are ashamed of you…too many to count, actually.)

Turning to the videos, Rachel Maddow brings us a whole bunch of stuff, including the antics of Teahadist Texas Senator Ted Cruz (a bit of a spawn of Limbore, I suppose); we used to refer to Joseph McCarthy as more or less of an abstraction in our politics given the passage of time. But now, we’re talking literally again – pathetic (I actually would have liked to see a bit harder of an edge here...after all, people's careers were ruined over this stuff...hell, people died over this stuff)…

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy


…and thanks to a U.S. Congress with a whole bunch of Teahadist nematodes like Cruz, we have to deal with this



…turning to a decidedly more upbeat topic, this tells us of the latest entrants to the Songwriters Hall of Fame; nothing against Aerosmith or Foreigner, but those guys still get tons of airplay – allow me the opportunity to salute fellow entrant Tony Hatch, who brought us many great tunes particularly with Petula Clark, including this one (a bit timely for the weekend – yeah, I know, real “Carnaby Street”)…



…and RIP Magic Slim (and I’m sure Fred and Ginger wouldn’t mind a bit).

No comments: