Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday Stuff

(I hope to get back to posting one of these days - couldn't quite make it happen today, though I have stuff in my "in" box.)

Gee, I wonder if Oklahoma State Sen. Ralph Shortey thought the following was a documentary (here)…



…and I keep asking about Baby Newton Leroy’s space-based air traffic control system because I just haven’t gotten an answer, and I don’t expect that I ever will (here – more “Nail. Hammer. Head.” stuff from Jon Stewart)…



…and speaking of space (and getting a lot more serious), today is the solemn 45th anniversary of this tragedy…



…and in another milestone, Brian Wilson played the first of four sold-out performances of "Smile" at The Royal Festival Hall, London ten years ago today; a clip follows (and by the way, concerning Wilson’s remarks at the end about The Beach Boys and The Beatles, it should be noted from the concert film that Sir Paul met Wilson backstage before one of the ’02 shows and wished him luck, which Wilson appreciated – a classy moment all around).

No comments: