Saturday, January 22, 2011

Saturday Stuff

Here’s some stuff I’d planned to get to before the Olbermann news broke last night…

To begin, let it be known that I don’t automatically give Dems a pass when it comes to stupid behavior (here)…

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Word Warcraft
http://www.thedailyshow.com/
Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical Humor & Satire Blog</a>The Daily Show on Facebook


…and speaking of stupid behavior (lunatic behavior, actually - here)…



Update 1/24/11: And speaking of crazy talk for real, I give you this (not only should Erickson be fired, he never should have been hired to begin with because of what he said here about retiring Supreme Court Justice David Souter - h/t Atrios).

Update 1/26/11: Beck has no room to pass judgment on anyone, but still, in response to this, I give you the following:

"In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness." - Matthew 23:28
…not to be outdone, though, I give you Stephen Colbert - “funny because it’s incurable”…Colbert walks that tightrope once again concerning Flush Limbore’s latest nonsense here…

The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Rush Limbaugh Speaks Chinese
http://www.colbertnation.com/
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical Humor & Satire Blog</a>Video Archive


...and I'd planned to put up this video to commemorate Hu Jintao's visit earlier, but I'm doing so now (wonder what happened to these guys?)...



…and I hope this ends up shaming Huckleberry Graham to the point where he and his pals decide to stop screwing around with Social Security (yes, I know I can dream – this was featured on the final episode of “Countdown” last night…good luck waiting for something like this on future MSNBC offerings, with the possible exception of Ed Schultz at 10:00…to help get it on the air, click here)…



…and I know some of my lefty blogging brethren have beaten me to it on this, but I didn’t want the week to end without noting the de facto complicity of Bushco in the recent uprising in Tunisia here – I don’t know if I’ve ever closed a week with a jazz selection…I should do it more often.

No comments: