Saturday, March 13, 2010

Saturday Stuff

My deepest sympathies go out to Keith Olbermann and his family over his dad's passing (more here); I'm not sure how else to pay tribute to the father but to replay what I consider to be one of his son's finest moments...

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy



...and speaking of health care, let's see if our corporate media decides to pay as much attention to this as they have to those teabaggin' wingnuts...



Update 3/26/10: I knew the teabaggers were idiots because they were racists, but now I know they're idiots because they don't even know what they believe in (here).

...and by the way, while those arbiters of our discourse with initials for names wring their metaphorical hands over the business with Charles Rangel, David Paterson and Eric Massa, we should consider the following also (something amiss in The Empire State, it seems...yes, I know, two or three or four wrongs don't make a right, but still)...



...and I must admit that it took me a few minutes to think of an appropriate song for Keith and his dad; most songs about fathers and sons involve conflict, good tunes though they may be ("Cat's In The Cradle" by Harry Chapin and "Father and Son" by Cat Stevens), and there's also a really good tune out there by a college-club-circuit group called Uncle Bonsai ("Silent Night," though it's a daughter and father), but even though relationships are never perfect for anyone, I have a feeling that this tune is appropriate (no video, just check out the words...I lost my dad almost 18 years ago - I remember).

1 comment:

doomsy said...

Anon,

Thanks a lot – I’m definitely not the sharpest knife in the drawer, as they say, but I guess it could see it coming while too many others weren’t paying attention…just lucky I guess.

(By the way, I approved your comment, but it hasn't appeared...don't know what's going on with Blogger today...).