Friday, June 06, 2008

Ballad Of A Thin Man

(Obama, I mean here…)

The news that a certain Mr. Zimmerman has endorsed Barack Obama for president (h/t HuffPo) made me realize (I think) that the spotlight has shifted from the vital question of whether or not Obama and Hillary Clinton are going to find a way to get along through the campaign (they will) to whether or not their supporters will get along.

Will Gov. Ed Rendell (HRC) and Bob Casey (Obama) duel each other at 10 paces? Who will emerge victorious from the grudge steel cage match between Jack “The Hammer” Nicholson (HRC) and Michael “The Blob” Moore (Obama)? Any interest in a mud wrestling bout between Taylor Marsh (HRC) and Jane Fonda (Obama...actually, I don't know if I'd mind seeing that)?

Hey, if nothing else, think of the fundraising possibilities, especially in light of this (and all of this is making me recall this post from about two years ago).

And just remember one more thing: as Bob always says, "It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes McCain To Cry" (well, if he didn't say it, he should have!).

No comments: