Thursday, December 20, 2007

It's "Elephant (Poop) In The Room" Day!

(A reference to the title of Sen. Scumbag’s column in The Philadelphia Inquirer…).

It looks like Little Ricky witnessed “The Mittster”’s speech on faith, religion and why he secretly wants to be a Baptist as well as a Mormon based on this Philadelphia Inquirer column of Ricky’s today, as ponderous and uninteresting of a literary byproduct as you can imagine.

My limited tolerance for vapidity and egomania as well as current holiday shopping requirements do not permit me the time and opportunity to properly dissect this steaming heap of fecal matter, but I’ll focus on two cringingly obvious samples of Santorum’s screed that merit a response...

Romney's speech was thoughtful and courageous. Unlike John F. Kennedy in 1960, he didn't cop out and say his faith does not matter.
Now we all know that Santorum didn’t even bother to read the speech I posted about here, the one in which JFK said “I believe in a president whose religious views are his own private affair,” “I believe in an America where religious intolerance will someday end,” or where he noted that the American bishops strongly endorsed the separation of church and state in 1948 (I mean, I hope that’s the explanation for his dunderheaded remark; it would be truly pathetic if he had read the speech but still said that anyway).

But JFK most certainly did not “cop out,” Ricky. And how typically cowardly for you to say that he did considering that he will never be able to defend himself.

I also got a laugh out of this paragraph in particular…

The social teachings of my faith were a factor in my work as a senator. The horror of AIDS and the tragedy of the millions of orphans it has left in Africa prompted my support for greater U.S. funding. But it was Christ's mandate to care for the poor that inspired my efforts to take a leadership role.
Really? Funny, but I don’t recall reading anything in the New Testament about Our Lord blaming poor victims of natural disasters, as you did here concerning those who suffered from Hurricane Katrina…

"I mean, you have people who don't heed those warnings and then put people at risk as a result of not heeding those warnings. There may be a need to look at tougher penalties on those who decide to ride it out and understand that there are consequences to not leaving."
I also don’t recall the individual whose birthday we will celebrate in a few days seeking punishment also for those who aid illegal immigrants in this country (including fellow members of the faith you profess to believe in). You also didn’t care about anything approximating economic equality for poor workers in this country, doing all you could to fight the first federal minimum wage increase in ten years (don’t worry, the 110th Congress took care of that after you lost to Bob Casey). And you also didn’t care about elderly Americans trying to save money on imported drugs (everything in this paragraph was noted here).

I don’t see “Christ’s mandate” in any of these actions.

I believe this is the third column that Rick Santorum has written for the Inquirer, and each has proved to be more loathsome and self-serving than the one that preceded it. This is truly laughable for a newspaper that supposedly provides a forum for an audience that has a progressive component of some degree but still manages to exclude David Sirota at this knucklehead’s expense.

2 comments:

JohnW1141 said...

Maybe Huckabee will pick Santorum
as his runnkng mate.

doomsy said...

Talk about a Christmas present...