Monday, March 12, 2007

No Good For What Ailes Us

Somehow I missed the news last Friday that Fox “News” head Roger Ailes received the 2006 First Amendment Leadership Award from the Radio-Television News Directors Foundation at its annual awards dinner last Thursday night in Washington, D.C. Fortunately, Will Bunch did not.

So what’s next, a lecture on temperance in personal conduct from Britney Spears? Dick Cheney participates in an antiwar march? Dubya is granted a membership to MENSA? Dogs and cats living together!!...

Why am I not surprised that the heart of the media-political establishment in this country would so graciously award a sanctimonious panderer like Ailes? I’m glad I’m not a member of the organization that extended this ridiculous gesture to the chief Repug propagandist, but if I were, I would immediately cancel my membership.

Cenk Uygur of HuffPo chimes in with this, and in case you missed it, the blogger Welcome to Pottersville put together the definitive photo collection capturing Fox in all its “glory” over the weekend (and despite anyone's outcry, I'm sooo glad that sham "debate" in Nevada was cancelled that Fox was supposed to moderate - how many smears did you think they had lined up for each participant?).

And please allow me to extend the following gesture to Rupert Murdoch in honor of his 76th birthday yesterday (I'll revisit the issue of trying to revoke his U.S. citizenship one day).

No comments: