Friday, December 29, 2006

While We're Celebrating

OK, so now we killed him. But I'm still wondering about a few things.

Who exactly are we supposed to be supporting over there anyway?

I mean, the Shiites don't support our most recent plan for a coalition in Iraq, and since al Qaeda is Sunni (as Jeff Stein pointed out in his little "gotcha" exercise with incoming chair of the House Intelligence Committee Silvestre Reyes), and we've now likely driven the Sunnis closer to al Qaeda as a result of Hussein's execution (we've made Hussein, who was Sunni, a martyr against a common foe, namely us) even though some Sunnis were fighting al Qaeda, who exactly are our troops supposed to be supporting?

I'll be honest with you; until someone gives me something close to intelligent answers to those questions, I will categorically tell you that I don't care whether or not Saddam Hussein is dead or alive.

No comments: