Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Don't Take It For Granted

I have a feeling that I’m “preaching to the choir” on this, and the individuals I really hope to reach with this post probably would only come across this site by accident (I’d love to be wrong, though).

I added some links in the upper right corner of the main site page in case any voters out there come across any irregularities; you can click on the links for more information. Also, I know The Daily Kos among other sites has been putting up information on this also throughout the day.

I also added the link “The Case For Patrick” under the photo of Patrick Murphy a few minutes ago, for anyone in PA-08; I also added a link called “What The Inky Ignored” in its endorsement of Fitzpatrick a couple of links below that one. I meant to do this yesterday, but you know how it is – hopefully it will matter to some people who can still get to the polls, which will be open in these parts for about six more hours.

Also, I came across this story from ABC News about how a bigger percentage of the people in Iran – Iran! – vote in that country than the people of this country do. That should automatically shame more people in the U.S. right into the voting booth as far as I’m concerned.

With that in mind, I want to highlight the following text from this link:

Some may ask, "Is voting a right or a privilege?" Considering no women, blacks, Indians, nor poor whites had the vote when "All men were created equal" by the Declaration of Independence, I think it is safe to say voting is a privilege, and one earned by generations that have gone before, people who desperately wanted that privilege and we're willing to fight for it. So please, do not take your vote lightly. "The People" paid huge prices, sometimes the greatest price, in order to have their voices, and yours, heard.
So do your duty, fellow citizens. If you don’t, you automatically forfeit the right to bitch about anything for at least the next two years.

No comments: