Sunday, February 12, 2006

A Look In The Mirror

I'm still trying to fathom why Laura Bush would tell Hillary Clinton to show some "empathy" in Clinton's recent remarks about Dubya. The latest I heard from Clinton about Dubya was criticism for renewing his "fear and smear" show on behalf of Repugs running for state and U.S. congressional office this fall, and as even Mrs. Bush admitted, that's just politics.

To this day, I have yet to see the slightest trace of empathy from this regime towards anyone who isn't just...like....them, so I would say that Mrs. Bush's remarks are disingenuous at the very least anyway.

Well, to me, empathy is more or less a gateway to humility, which is another concept Bushco doesn't understand. As proof, I would like to offer this speech from Al Gore in May 2004 (a really easy Google search for this one).

(By the way, SusanG at The Daily Kos had a great take on this.)

Also, for anyone out there who may be reading, I should point out that posting will again be sporadic over the next day or so. We got really whacked, so to speak, with snow, and there's other stuff I need to catch up on. As always, thanks for hanging in there.

No comments: