Friday, December 02, 2005

Save "Tookie" Williams

I have to admit that I've been "on the fence" with this for a little while. Thanks to The Bulldog, though, you can consider my mind made up.

Also, here is a link to related articles from The Huffington Post.

I still support capital punishment in principle (goes against my religion, I know), though I have serious questions about how it is practiced in this country. When you read The Bulldog's great post, though, you realize that executing "Tookie" Williams would be one step closer to that state's de-evolution into Texas.

And by the way, this country carried out its 1,000th execution recently since the death penalty was reinstated in 1977. Did Kenneth Lee Boyd deserve it? By all accounts, probably, but I wasn't present at his trial, so I'll never know for certain.

As Bruce Cockburn wrote and sung, "Everybody loves to see justice done...on somebody else."

No comments: