Monday, June 27, 2005

Conservatives Say The Darndest Things

I added a whole bunch of links recently for a number of reasons, and one of them is to do anything within reason to bring traffic to this site. With that in mind, I actually added some conservative links at the bottom right column (I also did that so we can recognize the enemy when we see him).

I poked around some of their sites, and as I expected, I encountered waves and waves of misinformation that I don’t have the time (or the desire, actually) to properly refute here. One of the places I went to was the site for USA Next, one of the Republican Party’s most prominent propaganda vehicles which was responsible for the Swift Boat Liars in last year’s election (see here).

And who should be gracing the home page for these cretins but none other than Art Linkletter. I realize this isn’t much of a surprise to the truly informed, since he’s a right winger from the Barry Goldwater days (someone who had more character in one of his boots than most of the clowns in the current ruling cabal have in their entire bodies, by the way), but perhaps, in my naïveté, I expected better of Linkletter than to lie down with Bushco.

With that in mind, here is some information about a little-known chapter in Linkletter’s long association with the Repugs that may prove to be illuminating.

(By the way, I am truly sorry for his family tragedy, and I am not trying to make light of that in any way.)

No comments: