Wednesday, October 04, 2023

Wednesday Stuff


David Doel covers the “big story” here on “15 Votes for Speaker” McCarthy getting the boot (mildly NSFW/H)...kudos to Pramila Jayapal (who used the phrase "pigsty of incompetence" in another clip, which I think is spot-on about the House "leadership," sadly), and yeah, Big Stoo-pid Head Matt Gaetz voted for the stinking Trump tax boondoggle in December 2017 so “I take no lecture” from that assclown either...pretty much a recap of the most notable media moments at the end of McCarthy’s run as speaker, including Elise Stefanik’s nonsense too...I actually don’t think McCarthy will try again for speaker, but what do I know? And I think Steve Scalise is a good bet from these lunatics, and he would be utterly awful also...



...so who’s up next for the role? Why, Patrick McHenry of North Carolina, who’s made a name for himself by going after Elizabeth Warren and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (here)...McHenry is featured in this clip sucking up to the American Banker’s Association, saying that blaming bank failures on deregulation is “hackish”...McHenry is responsible for this utterly no-class move aimed at former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (who’s out of town for Dianne Feinstein’s funeral, adding another level of dickishness by McHenry)...McHenry is responsible for this also (as well as trying to get The Sainted Ronnie R on the $50 bill as noted here)...



Update 10/6/23: More on this pathetic little puke McHenry is here.

...oh, and tell me again how much we allegedly love kids in this country; funding for child care centers in the American Rescue Plan ended last Saturday, and with that freak show going on in the House, I think it’s unduly optimistic unfortunately to expect that that funding will be renewed...Rayy Vana and Nina Turner tell us more (and I would REALLY like for Turner to explain to me how this awful lapse in child care funding is the fault of the Dems WHEN THEY MADE SURE THE FUNDING WAS THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE! To be honest, the more Turner opens her mouth, the more I realize why she lost her Ohio state senate seat...I’m sorry to be mean, but all I hear from her is grievance – there’s a time and a place for that I know, but personally I think she overdoes it)...



...and Rachel Maddow comments on our political/media/industrial complex thinking that Dems and Repugs are “mirror images” of each other, while Matt Gaetz tries to boot “15 Votes for Speaker” Kevin McCarthy (a little behind the news cycle here, I realize), leading into a discussion of Irrational Spew having to get rid of some writers who were too racist even for them, including this Peter Brimelow character who founded VDARE, which espoused similar noxious sentiments...oh, and Brimelow ended up as a speechwriter for Gaetz, and if that surprises you, then you’re not paying attention to this mess...and I honestly didn’t know that about “Apartheid Clyde” and the X/bird app, but given what that platform has turned into, that doesn’t shock me either...



...and going from the ridiculous to the even-more ridiculous, Farron Cousins informs us that the lawyer in the fraud case for the Gropenfuhrer apparently forgot to tell the judge that #45 wanted a jury trial...rut-row...



Update 10/13/23: Apparently the above video was incorrect based on this - apologies.

...and this clip was filmed in February I believe even though this trio supposedly disbanded in April of ’22 – hopefully they’ll reconsider that move because I like their sound (and Portland, Maine where they’re from is a place I want to get to one day, for what it’s worth).

No comments: