Thursday, May 18, 2023

Thursday Stuff


I don’t recall hearing anything about this group DeSantis Watch last year when Ron #DeathSantis, governor of Flori-DUUUH!, was running for re-election, but better late than never I guess...this “DeSantis Watch” video tells us about the kickbacks campaign donations he’s taken from real estate developers and the insurance industry (and when it comes to #DeathSantis and elections, I remember all the fuss made over alleged illegality from the Dem candidate for governor Andrew Gillum..well then, isn’t this con-vee-nient, and done well after the media has moved on I’m sure)...



...and Ana, Cenk and Emma Vigeland tell us about the issue the Repug governor of “the sunshine state” has with his facial expressions, which to me indicates that he’s freaking nuts...I’ll remember this the next time I hear a male politician say that women either in office or staging a campaign are too emotional...



Update: More here (God, is #DeathSantis a nitwit!).

...and retired Army Major Richard Ojeda of Rebel HQ brings us the recent discussion between Mehdi Hasan and Ayman Mohyeldin of MSNBC about the wingnuts embracing Daniel Penny, the guy who choked Jordan Neely on the New York City subway, leading to Neely’s death - yeah, at a minimum, those claiming that Penny was the "good Samaritan" need to reacquaint themselves with "the good book"...



...and this clip from More Perfect Union discusses the attempt to hold the railroads’ “feet to the fire” to improve safety of the trains for workers, and cutting down on derailments (or trying to anyway, with Sherrod Brown typically leading the way against a whole bunch of resistance from corporate bad actors...more here, and I don’t trust J.D. Vance or his same-party pals Rubio and Hawley as far as I can pee, on this or anything else...and it’s no surprise whatsoever to me that Alan Shaw of Norfolk Southern is a lying sack of shit when it comes to two-person train crews, which should be the law)...



Update 6/14/23: I goddamn knew it about fake populist Vance! (here)

...and this video from Beau discusses some numbers on the question of people leaving organized religion, which is always a shame IMO even though people should be free to do what they want of course, but we’re finding out now that it’s because of “hating teh gay”...interesting (but maybe not that surprising...”it’s cheaper to be a good person” indeed)...



...and I haven't been able to figure out what #DeathSantis has against Pink Floyd, but as long as they're included in the pic above, I thought I'd add this tune.

No comments: