Tuesday, February 08, 2022

Tuesday Stuff


I now give you Legitimate Political Discourse, ladies and gentlemen, courtesy of The Lincoln Project (and yes, I know these people are just grifting Republicans also trying to turn over a new leaf, but once more, they’re doing good work – very NSFW/H, but for a good reason...the DNC should be cranking out attack ads on this also, but don't hold your breath waiting for THAT to happen)...



...and Alisyn Camerota and Victor Blackwell of CNN tell us about 140 Republicans and so-called conservative leaders who signed a statement opposing the RNC’s censure of Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger...pass the popcorn (Stephanie Grisham is nothing but a Trump quisling as far as I’m concerned who’s now looking for a halfway decent payday for her book...and every time I hear the phrase “conservative principles,” I want to gag...Officer Fanone is spot-on of course)...



...and Beau gives us his take on the Canadian trucker antics in Ottawa...and of course, as usual, we’re talking about a noisy minority carrying on like spoiled brats...and as much as my opinion matters, I would have to share Beau’s take in that it’s best to wait out these life forms, though I know the people of Ottawa whose lives are being disrupted aren’t in the mood for that...and good point in that I really didn’t have “excessive border regulation” (which apparently these truckers are mad about) as something I thought Trump supporters would be pushing back against, seeing as how that is EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT when it comes to our border with Mexico (and why am I not one bit surprised by this?)...



...and John and Francesca of The Damage Report tell us about Elon Musk offering a kid $5K to shut down a Twitter account that apparently follows the whereabouts of Musk’s plane ($5K? IS THAT ALL??? What a cheapskate!)...



...and I realize this next little feature, as it were, has been inactive for a little while, but I’m going to try bringing it back at least for now, and that is “This Day In Doomsy History” (more or less) from 2/9/11...with Super Bowl 56 coming up (oh, excuse me – LVI), I think that gives us the opportunity to recall Billo The Clown interviewing Former President Obama, as well as another O’Reilly interview where he interrupted the former president 48 times as noted here (hey, the least Billo could have done was limit it to 44 to keep the numerical symmetry working).

Well, I think that calls for a replay of the following heralded moment (clip is also definitely NSFW/H because of potty mouth Billo)...



...and here is a bit of a wintry number to try and mellow things out a bit after Billo’s antics.

No comments: