Monday, January 18, 2021

Monday Stuff


This footage from The New Yorker takes us inside the 1/6 insurrection - more here (NSFW/H...I realize this isn’t remotely funny in any way whatsoever, but I’m sorry – I couldn’t help but chuckle when that one meat sack in particular, after invading the Senate chamber, yelled, “Where the f*ck is Nancy?” – shattering the stoo-pid meter for sure...”I think Cruz would want us to do this. I think we’re good,” huh? Probably right...and "we can't lose the 'I/O' war? We're better than that?" Dream on, you treasonous nut job.)...



...and speaking of vandalism, David Doel tells us about the Trump gang making off with whatever they can from the White House...God, look at the looting from the white “overclass”...maybe we could reach out to faith leaders of the white “overclass” to make them change their ways and learn how to work for a living (a variation of what I and millions of others heard after Katrina when the metaphorical shoe was on the other racial foot)...



...and Rachel Maddow tells us that, apparently, the “secondary reserve” of COVID-19 vaccines doesn’t exist, but fortunately the incoming Biden Administration, which is actually made up of mature, intelligent adults, has come up with a plan to get as many people vaccinated as quickly as possible...



...and Chris Hayes gives an incredibly heart felt commentary aimed at the “professional class” of Republican operatives – I sure would like to be optimistic about this, but I can’t, because it’s all about the numbers in that survey, which represents a truly scary level of denial...



...and every once in awhile on MLK day, I put up this speech from Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. at Barratt Middle School in Philadelphia on October 26. 1967, with the them of “What Is Your Life’s Blueprint?,” and I thought the time was right to do it again...



...and I thought it appropriate to bring this back for the holiday also.

No comments: