Tuesday, December 01, 2020

Tuesday Stuff


I’ll be honest – I’ve been kind of pissed at Kyle Kulinski, particularly because he said he didn’t vote for Biden in the election (I realize it’s his right to do that, but I think you forfeit the right to complain about Our Orange Pustule if you do), but I think he’s right here in his analysis of Charles Koch...and let’s have no illusions about just how much of a monster this guy truly is, OK (Koch I mean)? I’m sick of our media treating old, rich white guys like him and Sen. Mr. Elaine Chao as some kind of eminences, when in reality they should be imprisoned in stockades in the town square so people can pelt them with random objects and give them the treatment they deserve (I think "American Ayatollah" says it)...



...and this is a pretty wonky discussion between Sam, Nomiki Konst and Emma Vigeland about AOC’s message to the Democrats (e.g., better voter canvassing/targeting, better messaging, etc.), but I think it’s also pretty important...as far as I’m concerned, regardless of what happens in Georgia in 2021, bring in Stacey Abrams to run the DNC and let her do what needs to be done...I agree with Sam that the DNC is pretty damn “sclerotic,” for lack of a better way to put it, and they need to be better all the way around (e.g., all politics are local, ultimately, and messaging on issues needs to reflect that), and that includes an overall better online media presence...no excuse whatsoever for falling down on that one...



...and concerning one of the upcoming Georgia special U.S. Senate elections, here is your reminder that “nobody likes Kelly,” as in Loeffler (to help her opponent Raphael Warnock and Jon Ossiff running against David Perdue in the other U.S. Senate election, click here)...



...and I now give you the latest installment of “This Day In Doomsy History” from 12/1/08...before Perdue and Loeffler, Repug Saxby Chambliss was elected to the U.S. Senate (this video tells us about a portrait of Chambliss that was unveiled in the Capitol, which apparently isn't that unusual, but as far as I and others are concerned, it does reek of entitlement a bit given all the $$ Chambliss took from agribusinesses - more here)...



...and here are some more seasonal selections...



...and I know we can't have any scenes like this because of social distancing, shelter in place, etc., but I firmly believe we will see these days again - have to trod a hard road to get there the way things are, though, unfortunately.

No comments: