Monday, August 03, 2020

Monday Stuff


OK people, I know you’re smart because you’re reading this (heh), so I’ll make this as clear as I can. The Repugs don’t have a health care plan. They have NEVER had a health care plan. They NEVER WILL HAVE a health care plan. Anything else they say contrary to that is simply more lies…



…and when it comes to health care, I think Kyle is exactly right – this Biden ad is a punch in the gut aimed right at Mango Mussolini, which is exactly what he deserves; that little virus that is killing so damn many of us and making the rest of us sick is an issue that (if you’ll excuse the expression) “Trumps” everything else (and I don't completely share Kyle's rosy outlook for November - when everything is said and done and counted, then I'll get ready for a victory lap, but not one second before)…



…and in the matter of entitlements that we pay into, I never thought I’d give The Gipper credit for anything, but this clip is spot-on (yeah, I know he once made that stoo-pid recording about “socialized medicine,” but his words are entirely correct here – and to do something about Sen. Mr. Elaine Chao and his lies at long last, click here, included on this list)…



…and I know The Lincoln Project is full of yesterday’s (and probably tomorrow’s) Republicans, but for now they continue to do good work, as is apparent in this clip…



…and with all of the COVID-19 stuff and the related economic calamity taking place, it’s easy to forget the brazen lawlessness of Our Orange Pustule in An Oval Office, and I think this homemade clip reminds us of that (a lot of words I know, but they all matter...and let's not forget about this either)…



...and happy 94th birthday to the incomparable Tony Bennett; good luck trying to find just one tune from his collection of legendary hits, but I settled on this (also resisted the most obvious selection for now).

No comments: